Skip to main content

Going Once, Going Twice, SOLD! – Biddable Media Taking the Digital Advertising Industry by Storm

Automation has had a profound impact on the digital advertising industry. The emergence of biddable media has specifically transformed the way advertisements are being purchased.
Definition of Biddable Media: Digital media that may be purchased through auction platforms, predominately in real-time.
Biddable media uses data to target audiences at the right time and within the proper context on a specific platform to improve campaign effectiveness. Historically, media has been purchased in bulk following contracts between media companies and agencies. Now, the process of buying media is virtually instantaneous. Bids are based on live data in terms of what buyers are willing to spend. If a bid is won, then a buyer’s ad will be posted on the publisher’s site automatically. An appealing aspect of biddable media is that purchasing can be optimized due to the success or failure of an advertisement. If a campaign is performing highly, a greater bid may be placed to gain even more exposure for the advertisement.
Creative content marketing combined with a biddable approach is one of the best ways to reach out to new audiences. Creative content marketing can compliment your biddable approach in that it increases the chances that your audience will complete an action such as filling out their personal contact information or purchasing a product/service.
A number of online marketing channels offer biddable media. Paid search advertising was the first major form of biddable media. Paid search advertising may also be referred to as search engine marketing or pay-per-click advertising. For example, Google Adwords allows companies to bid on keywords. Through social media PPC, each social platform offers you different biddable options to help you reach a specific audience. Majority of social networks permit you to target based off gender, location, and age. Furthermore, video has become one the most consumed medium online. Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook all allow you to engage with customers through biddable media platforms. Owned by Google, YouTube has a bidding software due to its TrueView Platform. YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world; therefore, video sharing through this channel is an excellent way to engage with customers and share content.
Although paid search is still the most popular form of biddable media, real-time bidding is also gaining traction. Real-time bidding is the purchasing and selling of online ad impressions through real-time auctions. The automated systems and algorithms add efficiency to this buying and selling process. Display has become an increasingly popular form of biddable media due to demand-site platforms and by using the same conversion tracking that paid search advertising utilizes.
Additionally, programmatic TV is another rising trend. This feature allows advertisers to bid on live video inventory based on audience data collected through cookies, device ID, and IP addresses.
Biddable media can catapult your growth and is proving to be the cornerstone of performance marketing. These channels provide a quick and efficient way to boost brand awareness to large audiences. Knowledge surrounding biddable media and how to use it effectively is important as advertising continue to shift towards automation.
Sources:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collage Environment

For my project, I decided to use lyrics from the the musical Rock around the Block. The lyrics from the song "Nifty Fifties" that I chose was Take me right back to the nifty fifties. Right before I started brainstorming topics for my project, I was talking to my mom on the phone and she was telling me about how my little sister is in that musical at her school. So, since I had that musical on my mind I thought that it would be cool to create a photo of a date scene from the 50s. Dating today is so lame compared to in the 50s. People used to go on fun dates back in the day. There was no texting or Tinder. When I think of a date in the 50s, I think of people swing dancing to upbeat music playing from a jukebox in a diner. I also picture a couple sharing a milkshake. This is how I came up with the image that I created. First, I used the spot healing brush to make the back wall into a completely red wall. Then, I inserted a photograph of a picture frame with the name of a diner. ...

Final Portfolio

This is my final portfolio. I chose a simple red and black design because those are my favorite colors and ironically are UT's colors. I chose Alien League font for the title and header text and chose Avenir condensed for the body text. I originally had alien league as the body text too, but I found that Avenir condensed was an easier text to read, but also still worked with the header text. I'm really proud of my final project. I'm really happy I decided to take this class because I learned a lot. I was nervous coming into it not knowing anything about any of these programs, but I now feel incredibly accomplished and am proud of my new skill.